Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Luck of the Irish

With my new job, I am working three 12 hour shifts on dayshift, 7am-7pm.  This has been so wonderful for Marc & the kids, as I am no longer flipping back and forth between days and nights, which cut into so much of our family time.  So today I was off, and Marc and I randomly decided to dress up the kids in their Irish t-shirts and take them to the rodeo!  It has amazed me how much easier it is to do activities and trips like this, with the new job and with the kids being a little older and more flexible!  We went to the carnival, the livestock show and had a BLAST!  The kids saw every animal imaginable, ate lots of fun snacks, you name it.  It is times like these when Marc & I are very blatantly aware of how much our lives have changed in the last year.  Doing things like this used to be next to impossible – at least not without lots of help.  And now – we feel like everyone else.  Well… almost!  It still amazes me that I was at the rodeo standing in front of five camels in the middle of a carnival and people are staring at US.  Really?  There’s a camel behind me!  Oh well.  They can stare all day long, our little family is so very blessed, even if we do look like a freakshow! J


Annalee insisted on "melling" all the flowers.  Who can resist that charm?


Eating outside at the Rodeo!  I think Celia is enjoying herself ;)


My little leprechaun!


At the carnival watching animals!


Love love love animals :)


Sweet Celia & Mommy


CURIOUSITY.  That says it all.


Petting Zoo!  This was a freak show, but very fun for the kids!


Celia found some friends.


Marc got attacked by the goats!  He was telling them to "back off..."


Annalee found a BIG buddy!


Feeding the sheep


Wyatt wasn't 100% sold on the idea.  But he was a good sport!
 
This girl would have snuck an animal or 10 in our stroller if she could.  She loved feeding the animals!

That's a BIG steer!


I tried to get a group picture in front of the wagon wheel, but they were too interested in the hay and the crowds.


Reliant!


That's all she wrote...

No comments:

Post a Comment