Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Year Ago, Today...

I am just in denial that the kids are already ONE! Man, it just doesn't seem possible. I still remember bringing each of them home from the hospital, they were so tiny and so sleepy! I remember the little dirty diapers, the explosions, the burping, the formula making, the pumping, the total lack of sleep, like it was yesterday! And somehow, God gave us strength. I remember how they would all sleep in the same crib, in the same position, and it would just amaze me. They have come so far, and Marc & I are so proud of them!

We had the big Birthday Celebration today at the house with many of our family and close friends! It was an amazing experience, to see so many people come out to love and support your children. I am so thankful, and I'm not really sure people know just how much Marc & I appreciate every ounce of support that we have been given over the last year - God knows we needed it! Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

The kids did amazingly well at their party! Only a few small blunders - Celia stuck her little finger in her candle :(, and Annalee was seriously cutting 2 more bottom teeth... But they loved their 3-tiered-made-from-scratch-by-Daddy colored cakes, and the present-opening was too cute. If everyone would have just gotten them ribbons, cards, and empty boxes, they would have been entirely thrilled! But they got some very loving and wonderful things, and we are so grateful, and excited for them to start exploring new things!

Wyatt is walking the "Frankenstein Walk" (with both arms out at all times), and the girls are taking steps too! But when they need to get somewhere fast, crawling is their transportation of choice. There is lots of talking going on, babbling if you will. We spend lots of time giving kisses and hugs to our dolls and stuffed animals. They love to dance in their new "squeaker sneakers," which squeak when they walk. Annalee is especially good at this! Every day is something new, and for that, we are so fortunate.

Happy Birthday, Wyatt, Celia & Annalee! You are so very, very loved!!!

No comments: