Drama, drama, drama! So our appt. was originally scheduled for tomorrow, but with all the Ike hoopla (I hate Ike), the clinic will be shutting down tomorrow. So Dr. K moved our appointment up to today (thank God!) You should have seen us leaving the house... We thought we were gonna have 3 babies, ride out a major hurricane, and face a repeat of Hurricane Rita traffic... It was quite the scene. Our loot consisted of water, snacks (PopTarts - essential), pillows, blankets, our bags, I think I saw Marc throw a few weapons in the excursion (and ammo), icechests, some bungee cords, a shoebox full of some random items, a video camera, he also had a weather suit (???), and the list goes on. I think drama follows us. I think he peeled out. I'm not sure.
Anyways, we made it to the doc and the babies are doing great... We are so thankful. I did NOT buy myself an admission to the hospital today, as we were contemplating! (Thus eliminating the "riding out the hurricane" and the "having 3 babies" scenarios.) Phew.
Baby Stats:
Baby A (boy) - 4 pounds 12 ounces (vertex)
Baby B (girl) - 5 pounds, 7 ounces (vertex)
Baby C (girl) - 3 pounds 15 ounces (transverse)
Our appt. went like clockwork, next thing we knew, we were done! The next time we go back to Dr. K's office, we will have babies in tow!
Needless to say, Marc & I will be riding out the storm at home, praying to keep the kiddos in until next Friday, when we have their birthday planned. Mom & Dad are riding out the storm in Kingwood with Tim & Karie, and we are keeping them and Caney Creek in our prayers... May Ike have mercy on Sargent!!!
These little babies are proving to be so strong, it's really teaching me a lot about them... There's a lot of zest and willpower inside this belly... Watch out world, you don't wanna mess with the Hughes Zoo!!!
P.S. I hate Ike!


No comments:
Post a Comment