This weekend Marc and I drove up to Shreveport to see Miles & Kathryn get hitched! It was an amazing weekend filled with lots of love and lots of fun...
T came to Cypress to watch the babies while Marc & I packed up what seemed to be our entire house! We dropped the babies of at Ma & Pa's house in Brenham on Thursday afternoon. It was so hard to leave them, especially since they had been under the weather, and weren't their usual selves. But knowing what great hands they were in made it a little easier to go. Wouldn't you know that the one time they all get sick, is when Marc & I needed to be elsewhere for something that we had planned for about a year!
Before we had even left Brenham, the babies had already gotten love from AT LEAST 6 family members! They were going to be fine...
We rode to Shreveport with the radio blasting and the windows down, like a couple of kids. It was all fun and games until a really important piece of paper got sucked out of my hands and out the window on the 2 lane highway. Marc had to do about 5 u-turns to fetch it, but he did. God love him! Then he made me put away all of my paperwork. I did.
It was a weekend filled with lots of friends, lots of Theta Chi love, a wonderful Birthday (I turned the big 3-0 on Saturday!), little surprises and some much-appreciated downtime with the hubby.
Marc & I about tackled the kids when we got back to Brenham on Sunday! It's amazing just how much you miss those little ones... We are so thankful to our friends for a fantastic weekend full of memories. And we are so very thankful to our families for making this trip possible! We are so very, very blessed...


No comments:
Post a Comment