Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Potty Time!

Well the last 5 days have been interesting, to say the least! Since the Easter Bunny brought the kids underwear and panties in their Easter baskets, we have started to potty train the kids more seriously. We set a timer to go off every so often for them to be reminded to sit on the potty. All three kids are really good at going tee-tee and poo-poo in the potty! The only thing is sometimes they have little accidents here and there in their underpants if they get distracted or if it has been a long time. They get a mini m&m if they tee-tee, 2 mini m&ms if the poo-poo, and a special surprise if they don’t have accidents inbetween potty sessions!  As time marches on, I think we're going to move on to a sticker chart or something fun!

Two & a half is a hilarious age. They are so insistent on the things that they do know for certain… The following are things that they love to remind us of on a daily basis:

-tee-tee is yellow, poo poo is brown
-don’t talk with your mouth full
-tee-tee is one m&m and poo-poo is two m&ms!
-don’t touch your fingernail polish
-anytime they look like they are doing something dangerous, they look at me and say “I no fall Mommy, I be careful!”

Marc & I really have to watch we say, as you can see, they repeat everything!  Wish us luck on the potty training, it has been rewarding, hilarous and messy!  I never knew there were so many ways to put on panties & underwear wrong - that's what happens when they want to do everything "all by myself!"  Hopeful to have the kiddos potty trained soon!  :)

Underpants & Lollipops!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I've heard stories of how hard potty training can be...I can't imagine it multiplied by 3! Sounds like you have a great system. I'm sure you are all learning a lot as you go!

    ReplyDelete