Just barely 6.5 weeks pregnant, Marc & I arrived at our first OB scan, and I proceeded to have my first real panic attack. What if we weren't really pregnant? What if something had gone wrong... again? Oh, please let everything be okay!
The ultrasound tech (my new friend, Carmen) was taking FOREVER to do the scan, which could only mean one thing.... She wasn't finding anything. I politely asked if she could see anything, and of course I was given the response, "Now Stacy, you know I can't tell you anything. Your doc will go over everything with you." Dang it. I knew better than to ask...
So I gave her a few more minutes, and then, like the annoying patient that I am, asked again. "Can you just tell me if it's good or bad?" Same response. Dang it! She wasn't budging.
After giving me the same lecture, she then added one sentence at the end that would change our lives forever: "But I CAN tell you that you're having 3 babies!"
Are you FREAKING kidding me?!? It was about this time that Marc looked down and saw the miles of pictures that she had been taking all along. Simultaneously, I started crying and Marc started laughing hysterically! Carmen proceeded to turn the screen around and show us all three of our beautiful babies, looking like little figments of our imagination. I was about six weeks pregnant, and the babies each were only about 0.5 centimeters long! She zeroed in on each of their hearbeats, and we heard their lives for the first time! We hugged and cried, and were escorted out like 2 zombies. Carmen must have seen our deer-in-headlights look, because as we walked away, she embraced me and said, "Now you know, God doesn't give you more than you can handle!"
I think I may get that tattooed on my butt.
We scooted off to see our doc, where he gave us lots of hugs, and lots of tissues! Can you believe it? TRIPLETS!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment